ASA-intolerance- AERD (Samters triade, Mb Widal)
We welcome referrals of patients from all regions of Norway to be tested and/or treated for ASA intolerance. To make the referral as efficient and pleasant as possible, we ask that you please provide the following information.
1. Does the patient have asthma? If yes:
Please submit up-to-date spirometry measurements and a medication list.
2. Does the patient have nasal polyps? If yes:
Please include dates and a short description of operations, if undergone.
Patients with extreme polypoidal masses should be operated with FESS with polyp evulsion at the local hospital approx. 4-8 weeks prior to consultation at SUS.
3. Please describe anatomical anomalies (for ex. septum perforation, uni-/bilat complete obstruction)
4. Has the patient reacted to NSAIDs? If yes:
Name of NSAID
When? How many times?
Which symptoms has the patient experienced, and what level of care/treatment was necessary (anaphylaxis, etc)?
5. Has the patient previously been tested or treated for ASA intolerance? If yes:
When? Where? What tests/treatment?
6. Please list relevant comorbidities and medications, for ex.
Allergi tests, allergi medications
GERD or NSAID induced ulcers